GARDN II Projects (2014-2019)Round 4
Reuse of Uncured Aerospace Preimpregnated Composite Materials in Commercial Applications
This project will further the knowledge, experience and capability to reuse of uncured aerospace grade pre-impregnated (prepreg) materials for the Canadian Aerospace industry. The outcome will be further “greening” of the aerospace composite supply chain through:
- reduction of the volume of landfilled, incinerated or acid/solvent reclaimed prepreg waste
- redirection of prepreg waste into value-added commercial products demanding high quality fibres and high performance epoxy matrix systems
- industry development and growth through the creation of a new “reclaimed prepreg” material supplier(s)
- development of new regional commercial opportunities, and
- cost avoidance through the reduction of uncured prepreg scrap disposal costs.