GARDN II Projects (2014-2019)
Next-Generation Combustor for Small Gas Turbine Engines
Evolve current low emissions technology developed for large turbofan engines to the next generation turboprops by a new combustor system.
This new combustion system is an enabler for greenhouse gas reduction on the engine and has the potential to deliver significant reductions of NOx and particulate matter while improving component life.
Evolve current low-emission technology to the next-generation turboprops by a new combustor system. The new system is an enabler for GHG emissions reductions and has the potential to deliver significant reductions of NOx and particulate matter while improving component life:
- Adapt low emission combustor technology to Next-Gen Turboprops;
- Improve low-emission fuel nozzle performance;
- Invent advanced cooling schemes, and optimize effusion cooling scheme;
- Advance modeling and analysis of effusion cooling;
- Develop new manufacturing methods of complex aerospace parts for combustion system.